Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Culture shock!!!

I knew from the beginning that Japan was going to be a change, not only in language but in other aspects to such as Culture. When we first got here we went to the Zoo, of course i wore jeans a t-shirt and my BOOTS!!! as we were walking around i noticed right off the bat that things were different. Usually people wear something comfy to walk around in. WRONG!!! i was shocked and amazed by what i was seeing. The women were wearing dress clothes such as... Dress, skirt, shorts with tights underneath ect. Not only that but they were wearing heels not the little heels that are about a inch or so they were the all out 7 or 8 inch heels. The fashion here is crazy. It is weird to me but amazing to the Japanese! I thought maybe it was just that day, but we have been here for almost 2 years and i have seen no change. I give props to the Japanese women that can get up everyday put on makeup do there hair and wear heels everyday. I am from TEXAS i am use to throwing my hair up in a bun wearing jeans and t-shirts and no make up. I feel under dressed even when i go to the grocery store. I have heard several women say "my husband wont allow me to go out of the house without looking nice" i say to myself man if these people went to Texas they would hate it hahha. My husband could care less if i wore sweat pants and a hoodie no makeup and hair in a bun because that is what we are use to but never since i have been here have i seen a Japanese women dress even in a t-shirt. But anywho i am just rambling i wanted to give YALL a inside view on Japan :)

No comments:

Post a Comment